EXW - EX WORKS (... named place)
- EX WORKS means that the seller fulfills its obligation to deliver when it has made the goods available at its premises (i.e. works, factory, warehouse, etc.) to the buyer.
- The seller is not responsible for loading the goods on the vehicle provided by the buyer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the seller is not responsible for clearing the goods for export.
- EX WORKS represents the minimum obligation for the seller.
- EX WORKS should not be used when the buyer cannot carry out, directly or indirectly, the export formalities.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon