FAS - FREE ALONGSIDE SHIP (... named port of shipment)
- FREE ALONGSIDE SHIP means the seller fulfills its obligation to deliver when the goods have been placed alongside the vessel on the quay or in containers at the named port of shipment.
- The buyer has to bear all costs and risks of loss of or damage to the goods from that moment.
- The seller must clear the goods for export.
- Prior to 2000, it was the buyer's responsibility.
- FREE ALONGSIDE SHIP can only be used for sea or inland waterway transport.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon