Getting To The Airport
- When to arrive at the airport depends on where you are going.
- Two hours before scheduled departure time for international flights.
- You may have to wait in line to check in.
- One before scheduled departure time for domestic flights.
- For international flights you must be checked in one hour before scheduled departure time.
- You need this lead time to:
- Get through security and emigration.
- Insure that your reservation does not get canceled.
- Airlines need this lead time to:
- Run a security check on your luggage.
- Load your luggage on to the aircraft.
- If you arrive after that, your reservation may be canceled.
- Especially true if the flight is oversold.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon