- In some cultures, gifts are expected and failure to present them is considered an insult.
- In selecting the gift, understand the
meaning of symbols, numbers, and colors in that culture.
- Never give a gift that can be construed as a weapon.
- Decorative knife
- Lighter in the shape of a gun
- Keep a record of gifts presented in the past to avoid future duplication.
- Gift giving is an important part of doing business in Japan.
- Gifts are usually exchanged at the first meeting.
- If you are traveling to a country where giving a gift is customary, then
- Do not pack fragile gifts.
- Do not wrap gifts until you arrive.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon