Mosquito Borne Illnesses
- Mosquito Borne Illnesses include:
- Dengue fever
- Yellow fever
- West Nile virus
- If you are traveling to an area where mosquitoes are prevalent, you take the following precautions:
- Get your immunizations before you go.
- When outdoors:
- Wear long-sleeved clothing and long pants.
- Treat clothing with insecticide.
- Use insect repellent on exposed skin.
- The most effective repellents contain 20% to 35% DEET (N, N-diethylmethyltoluamide).
- Follow application instructions carefully when using these products.
- When indoors:
- Stay in well screened areas as much as possible.
- Use a net when sleeping in a room that is not screened.
- Treat the net with insecticide.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon