Disadvantages of Using an EMC/ETC
- There are several disadvantages to using an EMC or an ETC.
- Loss of control of your export strategy.
- Loss of control of post-sales service.
- Reluctance on the part of some foreign buyers to deal with a third party intermediary.
- Added costs and higher selling prices because of gross profit margin requirements of the EMC/ETC.
- Unless economies of scale off set this.
- An EMC/ETC may neglect your product in favor of other products that are more profitable and easier to sell.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon