- A license is a contract to identify what is being licensed.
- Licensing offers the advantages of:
- Rapid entry into foreign markets
- Reduces capital requirements to establish manufacturing facilities overseas
- Before signing a licensing contract, be sure that:
- You protect trademarks and intellectual property by securing proper patent and trademark registration.
- Your contract does not violation of the host country's existing laws and regulations.
- You do not end up competing against own product by having your own design competing in countries where you are selling directly.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon